The School of Agrifood and Forestry, Science and Engineering (ETSEA) is one of the main institutions in Spain in terms of the production and relevance of research carried out in different areas of the Life Sciences, such as: Agriculture , Food, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine.
This research by the ETSEA means that the UdL is ranked in prominent places in the national and international research arena:
- In 2013, the UdL ranked first in the I-UGR ranking of scientific production of Spanish universities for the period 2008-2012 in the discipline of Food Technology and third in Agriculture.
- The UdL was in 2015 the second most influential scientific institution in the world in terms of the impact of research in food science and technology, according to the study by Thomson Reuters on the state of innovation 2004-2014, placing the UdL just below the University of British Columbia, Canada. (The future is open. 2015 State of Innovation)
- The UdL ranked in 2016 in the first place of the Spanish research institutions in scientific excellence in Agriculture and Biological Sciences, according to the ICONO report of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. This is a document on the position of Spanish research institutions in the 27 major areas of knowledge of the Scopus database, according to criteria of scientific excellence. ICONO analysis: Main excellent research institutions by areas of knowledge 2005-2014.
- The UdL is present in the prestigious Shangai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects-ARWU, occupying the following positions among universities in the world in 2020:
- Within positions 51-75, in the area of Food Technology
- Within positions 101-150, in the area of Agricultural Sciences
- Within positions 151-200, in the area of Veterinary Sciences