The ETSEA of the University of Lleida is the main agri-food, forestry and veterinary campus of Catalonia and one of the main in Spain. It was created in 1972 with the studies of Agricultural Technical Engineering.
Its growth and expansion has been constant and at the moment, high quality studies and research in all agricultural areas are being developed: plant production, forestry and livestock, food science and technology, biotechnology and veterinary medicine. In total around 200 professors and researchers teach about 1,500 students in Bachelor Degrees, Masters’ Degrees and Doctorates.
· Building 1-a: Department of Animal Science, Department of Horticulture, Botany and Gardening and Hall of degrees.
· Building 1-b: Veterinary Hospital Services.
· Building 2: Departments of Food Technology and Horticulture, Botany and Gardening, Food Technology Pilot plant and classrooms.
· Building 3: Department of Environment and Soil Sciences, Library, European Documentation Center and classrooms.
· Building 4: Department of Agroforestry Engineering, Department of Business Administration and Natural Resources Management, Department of Mathematics, Xylotheque and classrooms.
· Building 5: Technical Scientific Services, Café-Restaurant, Copy-shop and Research Seminars.
· Building 5-b: Research: Agrotecnio Center
· Building 6: Department of Animal Science.
· Building 7: Management and Administration of ETSEA (Palauet)
· Building 8: Department of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (DARP, Government of Catalonia)
· Building 9: Department of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (DARP, Government of Catalonia)
· Building A-B: Main Concierge, Head of Studies, Registrar’s Office, Computing Service, Student Council, Department of Plant Production and Forestry, Department of Chemistry and Auditorium.
ETSEA also has the Veterinary Teaching Surgical Unit (Hospital Veterinari) located in Torrelameu, Lleida.